Epigenetic bases in the biology of brain aging and age-related neurodegenerative diseases
My research interests are mainly focused on deciphering of the epigenetic bases in the biology of brain aging and age-related neurodegenerative diseases. Among the laboratory’s accomplishments and ongoing activities are (i) noncoding RNAs-mediated regulations in the biology of brain aging and age-related neurodegenerative diseases; (ii) DNA methylation/demethylation-mediated epigenetic basis in the biology of brain aging and age-related neurodegenerative diseases; (iii) Development and study of nonhuman primate models of age-related neurodegenerative diseases.
1. Xu KY, Chen D, Wang ZB, Ma J, Zhou J, Chen NH, Lv LB, Zheng YT, Hu XT, Zhang Y, Li JL*. 2018. Annotation and functional clustering of circRNA expression in rhesus macaque brain during aging. Cell Discovery. 4: 48.
2. Liu SL, Wang ZB, Chen D, Zhang BW, Tian RR, Wu J, Zhang Y, Xu KY, Yang LM, Cheng C, Ma J, Lv LB, Zheng YT, Hu XT, Zhang Y, Wang XT, Li JL*. 2017. Annotation and cluster analysis of spatiotemporal and sex-related lncRNA expression in rhesus macaque brain.Genome Research, 27(9): 1608-1620.
3. Jiang DW, Zhang Y, Hart RP, Chen JM, Herrup K, Li JL*. 2015. Alteration in 5-hydroxymethylcytosine-mediated epigenetic regulation leads to Purkinje cell vulnerability in ATM deficiency.Brain, 138(Pt 12): 3520~3536.
4. Wei S, Hua H, Chen Q, Zhang Y, Chen F, Li S, Li F, and Li J*. (2017) Dynamic changes in DNA demethylation in the tree shrew (Tupaia belangeri chinensis) brain during postnatal development and aging. Zool Res., 38(2):96-102.
5. Jiang DW, Wei S, Chen F, Zhang Y, Li JL*. 2017. TET3-mediated DNA oxidation promotes ATR-dependent DNA damage response.EMBO Reports, 18(5): 781~796.
6. Li JL, Jiang DW. 2015. The role of epigenomics in the neurodegeneration of ataxia-telangiectasia. Epigenomics. 7(2): 137~141.
7. Li JL, Hart RP; Mallimo EM, Swerdel MR, Kusnecov AW, Herrup K. 2013. EZH2-mediated H3K27 trimethylation mediates neurodegeneration in ataxia- telangiectasia , Nature Neuroscience.12, 16(12): 1745~1753.
8. Li J, Chen J, Ricupero C, Hart RP, Schwartz MS, Kusnecov A, Herrup K. 2012. Nuclear accumulation of HDAC4 in ATM deficiency promotes neurodegeneration in ataxia telangiectasia. Nature Medicine. 18(5): 783~U182.
9. Li JL, Chen JM, Vinters HV, Gatti RA, Herrup K. 2011. Stable Brain ATM Message and Residual Kinase-Active ATM Protein in Ataxia-Telangiectasia. Journal of Neuroscience. 18, 31(20): 7568~7577.
10. Li JL, Han YR, Plummer MR, Herrup K. 2009. Cytoplasmic ATM in Neurons Modulates Synaptic Function, Current Biology. 19(26).