Audiovisual processing, attention, memory, temporal organization, EEG/MEG, neuronal oscillation, cognitive neuroscience
My lab is interested in exploring temporal dynamics and organizations in various cognitive processes（e.g., perception, attention, complex scene analysis, learning, memory, etc.）and the underlying neuronal mechanisms. We combined cognitive behavioral approaches and brain mapping techniques (e.g., EEG, MEG, fMRI, etc.) to address these questions.
Dr. Huan Luo was invited to join the Board of Reviewing Editors of eLife in Feb, 2019. (https://elifesciences.org/about/people/neuroscience)
Dr. Huan Luo was invited to join the Advisory Editorial Board of Progress in Neurobiology in Aug, 2019 (https://www.journals.elsevier.com/progress-in-neurobiology/editorial-board/huan-luo-phd)
1. Mo, C., Lu, J., Wu, B., Jia, J., Luo, H. *, Fang, F * (2019) Competing rhythmic neural representations of orientations during concurrent attention to multiple orientation features. Nature Communications 10: 5264.
2. Jia, J., Fang, F. *, Luo, H. * (in press) Selective spatial attention involves two alpha-band components associated with distinct spatiotemporal and functional characteristics. NeuroImage.
3. Zhang, Y.*, Zhang, Y., Cai, P., Luo, H. and Fang, F.* (in press) The causal role of alpha oscillations in feature binding. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.
4. Huang, Q., Luo, H.* (in press) Saliency-based rhythmic coordination of perceptual predictions. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience.
5. Han, Q.*, Luo, H.* (in press) Visual crowding involves delayed frontoparietal response and enhanced top-down modulation. European Journal of Neuroscience.
6. Liu, L.*, Luo, H.* (2019) Behavioral oscillation in global/local processing: Global alpha oscillations mediate global precedence effect. Journal of Vision 19(5):12.
7. Wang, Y., Zhang, J., Zou, J., Luo, H.*, Ding, N*, (2019) Prior knowledge guides speech segregation in human auditory cortex. Cerebral Cortex 29(4):1561-1571.
8. Huang, Q.*, Jia, J., Han, Q., Luo, H.* (2018) Fast-backward replay of sequentially memorized items in humans. eLife 7: e35164
9. Liu, L.*, Wang, F., Zhou, K., Ding, N., Luo, H.* (2017) Perceptual integration rapidly activates dorsal visual pathway to guide local processing in early visual areas. PLoS Biology 15(11): e2003646.
10. Jia, J., Liu, L., Fang, F., Luo, H.* (2017) Sequential sampling of visual objects during sustained attention. PLoS Biology 15(6): e2001903.
11. Song, K.*, Luo, H.* (2017) Temporal organization of sound information in auditory memory. Frontiers in Psychology 8:999.
12. Wang, Y., Luo, H.* (2017) Behavioral oscillation in face priming: Prediction about face identity is updated at a theta-band rhythm. Progress in Brain Research (special volume on ‘Temporal sampling and representation updating’), 236: 211-224.
13. Huang, Y., Chen, L., Luo, H.* (2015) Behavioral oscillation in priming: competing perceptual predictions conveyed in alternating theta-band rhythms. Journal of Neuroscience 35(6): 2830-2837.
14. Song, K., Meng, M., Chen, L., Zhou, K.*, Luo, H.* (2014) Behavioral oscillations in attention: rhythmic alpha pulses mediated through theta band. Journal of Neuroscience 34(14): 4837-4844.
15. Luo, H.*, Tian, X., Zhou, K., Song, K., Poeppel, D. (2013) Neural response phase tracks how listeners learn new acoustic representations. Current Biology 23(11): 968-974.
16. Luo, H.*, Poeppel, D.* (2012) Cortical oscillations in auditory perception and speech: evidence for two temporal windows in human auditory cortex. Frontiers in Psychology (3).
17. Luo, H.*, Liu, Z., Poeppel, D.* (2010) Auditory cortex tracks both auditory and visual stimulus dynamics using low-frequency neuronal phase modulation. PLoS Biology 8(8).
18. Zhou, K.*, Luo, H., Zhou T., Zhuo Y., Chen L. Topological change disturbs objects continuity in attentive tracking. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 107(50):21920-21924.
19. Luo, H.*, Wang, Y., Poeppel, D., Simon, J.Z. (2007) Concurrent encoding of frequency and amplitude modulation in human auditory cortex: an encoding transition. Journal of Neurophysiology 98: 2473-3485.
20. Luo, H., Poeppel, D.* (2007) Phase patterns of neuronal responses reliably discriminate speech in human auditory cortex. Neuron 54(6): 1001-1010.
21. Luo, H.*, Boemio, A., Gordon, M., Poeppel, D. (2007) Perception of FM sweeps by Chinese and English listeners. Hearing Research 224: 75-83.
22．Luo, H.*, Wang, Y., Poeppel, D., Simon, J.Z. (2006) Concurrent encoding of frequency and amplitude modulation in human auditory cortex: MEG evidence. Journal of Neurophysiology 96(5): 712-723.
23. Luo, H.*, Husain, F., Horwitz, B., Poeppel, D. (2005) Discrimination and categorization of speech and non-speech sounds in an MEG delayed -match-to-sample study. NeuroImage 28(1): 59-71.
24. Mo, C., Lu, J., Wu, B., Jia, J., Luo, H.*, Fang, F* (2019) Competing rhythmic neural representations of orientations during concurrent attention to multiple orientation features. Nature Communications 10: 5264.
Office: Room 1703, Wangkezhen Building