pathological mechanisms of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), neurodevelopmental disorders, developmental psychology, early detection
Our research interest mainly focusses on Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), especially its psychopathological mechanism. Most of our research efforts have been put on understanding the impairments in social information processing in children with ASD. We are also working on developing novel techniques based on objective measures for the early detection and intervention for autism.
The on-going projects in our lab focus on the following themes:
1. neural mechanisms underlying social information processing (social attention, emotion understanding, arousal, sensory sensitivity, ect) in ASD
2. early development and early detection of ASD
3. behavioral and neural heterogeneity within the ASD population
1. Wang, Q., Hoi, S., Wang, Y., Lam, C., Fang, F., Yi, L.* (2020). Gaze response to others' gaze following in children with and without autism. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 129, 320-329.
2. Wang, Q., Hoi, S. P., Wang, Y.*, Song, C., Li, T., Lam, C., Fang, F., & Yi, L.* (2020). Out of mind, out of sight? Investigating abnormal face scanning in autism spectrum disorder using gaze-contingent paradigm. Developmental Science, 23(3), e12856. doi: 10.1111/desc.12856
3．Li, T., Li, Y., Hu, Y., Wang, Y., Lam, C., Ni, W., Wang, X.*, & Yi, L.* (in press). Heterogeneity of visual preferences for biological and repetitive movements in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Autism Research.
4. Wang, Q., Han, Z., Hu, X., Feng, S., Wang, H., Liu, T.*, & Yi, L.* (2020). Autism symptoms modulate interpersonal neural synchronization in children with autism spectrum disorder in cooperative interactions. Brain Topography, 33(1):112-122. doi: 10.1007/s10548-019-00731-x
5．Li, T., Decety, J., Hu, X., Li, J., Lin, J., & Yi, L.* (2019). Third-party sociomoral evaluations in children with autism spectrum disorder. Child Development, 90(5), e584-e597. doi: 10.1111/cdev.13206
6. Zhang, Y., Song, W., Tan, Z., Zhu, H., Wang, Y., Lam, C., Weng, Y., Hoi, S. P., Chan, B., Chen, J.*, & Yi, L. * (2019). Could social robots facilitate children with autism spectrum disorders in learning distrust and deception? Computers in Human Behavior, 98, 140-149. doi: 10.1016/j.chb.2019.04.008
7. Wang, Q., Lu, L., Zhang, Q., Fang, F., Zou, X., & Yi, L.* (2018). Eye avoidance in young children with autism spectrum disorder is modulated by emotional facial expressions. Journal of Abnormal Psychology. 127(7), 722-732. doi: 10.1037/abn0000372
8. Liu, W., Li, M.*, & Yi, L.* (2016). Identifying children with Autism Spectrum Disorder based on their face processing abnormality: A machine learning framework. Autism Research, 9(8), 888-898.