IDG/McGovern Institute for Brain Research at Peking University
The IDG/McGovern Institute for Brain Research at PKU was established in 2012 with support from Peking University, IDG and Patrick J. McGovern and Lore Harp McGovern, who are committed to improving human welfare, communication and understanding through their support for neuroscience research. The Institute consists of neural and cognitive scientists who are focused on understanding fundamental processes underlying brain function and uncovering mechanisms of brain disorders.
- School of Psychological and Cognitive Sciences: Fang FANG, Shihui HAN, Sheng LI, Huan LUO, Yuji NAYA, Cong YU, Hang ZHANG, Xiaolin ZHOU, Lusha ZHU, Yang ZHOU, Pinglei BAO, Li YI, Jian LI
- School of Life Sciences: Yulong LI, Donggen LUO, Chenglin MIAO, Yi RAO, Shiming TANG, Jing YANG, Jianing YU, Xiang YU, Yan ZHANG, Carlos IBANEZ
- Health Science Center: Jiali LI, Lin LU, Yun WANG, Weihua YUE, Dai ZHANG, Yong ZHANG, Zhuo HUANG
- Institute of Molecular Medicine: Liangyi CHEN, Zhuan ZHOU
- College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering: Peng ZOU
- School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science: Si WU
- School of Physics: Jiahong GAO
Open Positions for Principal Investigators
We look for the best scientists in all areas of brain science. Each PI of our institute holds a joint (tenure track or tenured) appointment in one of the departments or schools at Peking University (such as School of Life Sciences, Health Science Center, School of Psychological and Cognitive Sciences). Peking University provides excellent interdisciplinary research environment and outstanding core research facilities. We offer an internationally competitive package.
How to apply
PI application Materials: Cover Letter, CV, Summary of Research Interests, Future Plan and at least 3 recommendation letters. For application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Positions for Co-Principal Investigators
We are seeking co-principal investigators at the research assistant professor level in brain science to help with directing research, training of students and lab management. Peking University provides excellent interdisciplinary research environment and outstanding core research facilities. The kindergarten and the primary school attached to Peking University will be available to the children of all Co-PIs. Candidates should have a PhD and postdoctoral experience in a relevant field.
How to apply
Co-PI application Materials: Cover Letter, CV, Summary of Research Interests, Future Plan and at least 3 recommendation letters. For application, please contact: email@example.com.
Open Positions for Postdoctoral fellows
Applicants should have received a Ph.D., M.D. within the last three years and generally not more than thirty-five years of age.
How to apply
Please send your current CV, two recommendation letters and postdoctoral research proposal to the PI directly.
Applications are accepted all year around.